BSA Electrical Power Distribution
BSA Electrical Power Distribution
As an active partner and service provider of Schneider-Electric, the global specialist in energy management, BSA Electrical Power Distribution division offers engineered solutions designed to enhance workplace safety, extend equipment life, improve energy efficiency, and increase electrical distribution reliability to power utilities, water utilities, municipalities, mining, industrial, commercial and residential customers.
Engineering Services Offered
- Electrical design and consulting services for MV & LV power distribution networks.
- Power system assessments (circuit loading study, motor control center sizing, power quality correction and protection studies).
- Turnkey project execution including EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management).
- Correct installation and commissioning of medium and low voltage equipment by certified engineers and electricians.
- Professional services for inspection and reporting of required maintenance for electricity distribution networks.
- On-site maintenance and diagnosis of electrical faults, replacement parts and emergency spares management and intervention.
- Repairs to electrical equipment and substation services.
- After sales service and emergency services – 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Overhead Line Network Automation and Outdoor Substation Solutions
BSA professional engineers and technicians have many years of proven experience in the design and construction services of outdoor unmanned substations, overhead line distribution networks and automation solutions, utilizing highly reliable products such as Autoreclosers.
Our services include:
- Design, automation and construction of 11KV/22KV/33KV overhead line networks.
- Design, automation and construction of 33/11KV Unmanned Outdoor Substations.
Compared to conventional indoor manned substations, BSA will bring the following benefits to customers:
- Lower operating and maintenance costs (no need of operator)
- Lower space needed to construct outdoor unmanned substations
- Lower construction costs and short lead times to build (no civil work)
- Lower costs of remote control based on established communication protocols
- Standardized turn-key substation solution
Modernization & Upgrade of MV and LV Electrical Equipment
Our services include:
- Replacement of Low Voltage (with Masterpact NT/NW) circuit breakers and Medium Voltage (with latest Evolis vacuum circuit breaker for Yorkshire SF6 retrofit) circuit breakers
- Retrofit and Retrofill Solutions
- MCC Direct Replacement Units
- Circuit Breaker Reconditioning
- Trip Unit Retrofit
- Relay and Metering Retrofits
- Supply and installation of instrumentation equipment
BSA will bring the benefits to customers through Schneider-Electric retrofit solutions covering the full range of Schneider-Electric brands such as Merlin Gerin, Yorkshire, English Electric and Areva.
Schneider-Electric modernization solutions are:
- Pre-engineered and type tested solutions
- Superior performance
- Choice of SF6 gas or vacuum technologies
- Increased safety and reliability
- Minimal downtime due to roll-out, roll-in solution
- Reduced maintenance and spare costs
- Phased implementation for budget control
The new generation of Medium Voltage (MV) switchgear featuring the Shielded Solid Insulation System (2SIS)
Range composed of compact, smart and modular units up to 17.5 kV, earth shielded solid and easily adaptable to specific requirements:
- Circuit Breaker and Switch-Disconnector using Vacuum Technology
- Rated PF Withstand Voltage: 42/48 kV 1mn
- Rated BIL Withstand Voltage: 95/110 kV
- Rated Busbar Current: 630A and 1250A
- Rated Max Short Time Withstand Current: 25 kA x 3s
- Cable Earthing Switch: 25 kA, M0, E2
- Degree of Protection: IP3X
- Dimensions: W x H x D (mm): 375 x 1550 x 910
- 3 Switches:
- I06T and I06H, I12H
- 5 Circuit-Breakers: D01N, D02N, D06N, D06H, D12H
- 4 Metering Units: M06S, M06A, M12S, M12A
- Technology: Shielded Solid Insulation
- Standard: IEC
Contractual Warranty: Period: 18 months
A technological breakthrough, opening the way to unprecedented safety, efficiency, and ease of use:
- Safe and reliable in any environment: Insulation and screening of all live parts ensure a trouble-free service life, while SF6-free technology enhances peace of mind.
- Flexible, simple, modular, and functional: Easy to install and easy to use, with operator-friendly switchgear and optimized service thanks to SSIS technology.
- Smart grid ready, distributed intelligence: Advanced protection, control and monitoring, fully integrated for higher dependability and energy efficiency.
Premset applications can be found in all Medium Voltage secondary and primary distribution substations:
- Buildings and industry
- Distribution networks
PIX with a roll-on floor circuit breaker design provides easy rack-in/rack-out operation without the need for a separate trolley. It is an extension of the standard PIX range and delivers performances up to 17.5 kV/31.5 kA/2500A. It is equipped with a Vacuum Circuit Breaker and has other functional trolleys like the earthing truck, the metering truck and the link truck.
- Up to 17.5kV, 31.5 kA and 2500 A
- Single Busbar Design
- Highest Level of Service Continuity LSC 2B-PM
- Internal Arc Classification (IAC) AFLR 31.5kA 1s according to IEC62271-200
- E2, M2 and C2 (cable charging & single capacitor bank) Class Circuit Breaker
- Up to 2 sets of block CTs and 6 cables/phase
- Integrated Earth Switch with making capacity
- High performance
- Service continuity
- Space saving
- Low cost of ownership
- Reduced installation time
- Intuitive guidance
- Smart switchgear management
- Commercial Industrial Buildings
- Oil & Gas
- Mining, Minerals & Metals